We completed our 2015 Data Contest with final presentations and winners at the awards ceremony on Tuesday. Here are the winners and their presentations:
- UCSD MAS Data Science, Time and Space Analysis of Food Distribution
- irHacker, California Suspensions
- Flash and Shadow, A Visual Geographical Study on Location, Availability, Public Transportations and Crime Exposure
- A Mathematical Modeling Team, Are Some Teachers Just “Meaner” than Others?
We also have two Honorable Mentions:
- Kearny Komets, CELDT and English Language Arts
- DS3, An Analysis of the Methods of Discipline at Monarch
Thank you all for participating! The submissions were very valuable for the non-profits that were involved, and we’re looking forward to the contest next year. Until then, if you’d like to get involved in other nonprofit data analysis projects, join the Practical Data Program for announcements about upcoming projects.