Getting San Diego County citizens involved in data is a major part of our mission, so there are a lot of ways to volunteer. You don’t need to be a statistician; we’re looking for people with a number of different skills, including:
- Excel: Most data preparation requires nothing more than Excel. If you are good at Excel, you are a techie!
- Data analysis: Includes statistical analysis, exploratory analysis, and predictive analytics.
- Programming: Ranging from data extracting and processing to visualization and GIS programs.
- Visualization: Anything that puts data into a picture.
- Talking to nonprofits and analyzing their needs.
- Organizing and promoting data events.
- Moderating the forum.
- Finding data and cataloging it in the repository.
If you’d like to contribute, like our Facebook page or join our email list, and we’ll announce specific opportunities as they arise.