Here are a few things you’ll need to do to join one of the Data Library’s projects
- Join our meetup group. Meetup.com is the primary location for posting project meetings and collecting RSVPs.
- Create a Github account. You’ll need a Github account username for your Redmine account.
- Create a Redmine account. We use Redmine for project tracking and communication.
- Install a Python data science environments, which must include Jupyter. For most people, the easiest way to do this is to install Anaconda.
- If you will be wrangling data — finding, loading or processing data — you’ll want to be familiar with our metadata format, Metatab. You may also want to install it and try the tutorial.
- Send an email about which project you are interested in to the project manager, Eric Busboom
Attending regular project meetings is valuable, not strictly required; there are plenty of activities that you can find and complete from Redmine tickets.