Here are a few things you’ll need to do to join one of the Data Library’s projects
- Join our meetup group. Meetup.com is the primary location for posting project meetings and collecting RSVPs.
- Create a Github account. You’ll need a Github account username for your Redmine account.
- Join the management site:
- Some projects are managed on Redmine, so you’ll need to register an account on Redmine
- Simpler, less formal projects have a website with a link to a Google forum for the group.
- Install a Python data science environments, which must include Jupyter. For most people, the second easiest way to do this is to install Anaconda. The easiest is to use our Jupyter Hub Web Service.
- If you will be wrangling data — finding, loading or processing data — you’ll want to be familiar with our metadata format, Metatab. You may also want to install it and try the tutorial.
- Send an email about which project you are interested in to the project manager, Eric Busboom
Attending regular project meetings is valuable, not strictly required; there are plenty of activities that you can find and complete from Redmine tickets.