Here are a few things you’ll need to do to join one of the Data Library’s projects
- Join our meetup group. Meetup.com is the primary location for posting project meetings and collecting RSVPs.
- Create a Github account. You’ll need a Github account username for your Redmine account.
- Join the management site:
- Some projects are managed on Redmine, so you’ll need to register an account on Redmine
- Simpler, less formal projects have a website with a link to a Google forum for the group.
- Install a Python data science environments, which must include Jupyter. For most people, the second easiest way to do this is to install Anaconda. The easiest is to use Google Colaborator
- Send an email about which project you are interested in to the project manager, Eric Busboom
Attending regular project meetings is valuable, not strictly required; there are plenty of activities that you can find and complete from Redmine tickets.