Here are a few things you’ll need to do to join one of the Data Library’s projects
- Join our meetup group. Meetup.com is the primary location for posting project meetings and collecting RSVPs.
- A Github account. You’ll need a Github account username for your Redmine account.
- Create a Redmine account. We use Redmine for project tracking and communication.
- If you will be wrangling data — finding, loading or processing data — you’ll want to be familiar with our metadata format, Metatab, and the Metatab Google Spreadsheets Add-On.
- For the hard-core data wranglers, you may want to look at Ambry, our data management environment, although it is still a very rough tool.
Attending regular project meetings is valuable, not strictly required; there are plenty of activities that you can find and complete from Redmine tickets.